12.18.2009

Now We Know. And Knowing Is Half the Battle.

This movie should have never been made. Or maybe it should have to show us what movies shouldnt look like. I understand the GI Joe Frranchise wanting to get in on the action like Spiderman and Transformers but this was a half baked attempt. One of the first complaints I encountered when the movie was announced was the fact that the GI Joes were not going to be US Military but an International mash up of people. I could see why that would bother fans but honestly the worst part of this movie were the special effects. I have seen better graphics in video games and I never understand how some big budget movies fall so short of effects.

I also really cant believe Joseph Gordon Levitt did this movie. At all. I heard that he did it to get a taste of effects make up but if thats all he wanted im sure he could have gotten some people to have a "Mrs. Doubtfire" moment at home one night and make him up as something. Adding a Wayans brother or sibling for that matter is also a recipe for failure. sorry guys but its true. When I think about it though, I dont think GI Joe really could have ever been a good movie no matter who made it or who starred.

No comments:

Post a Comment